We're pleased to offer the following services at Eglinton Mavis Veterinary Hospital:
- Whether it's during the day, or the middle of the night, we are available to see you for emergency purposes.
- An emergency is classified as a condition that is causing severe pain, distress or fatal consequences if untreated.
- Do you feel your pet is in critical condition? Call us at our clinic number, tell us of your pets condition and we will book you in immediately.
- Is your pet in critical condition after business hours? We are on call! (Monday - Friday) Simply call the same clinic number, tell us of your pets condition and we can see you typically in as little as half an hour.
- Keeping teeth healthy is just as important for your pet as it is for you. At Eglinton Mavis Veterinary Hospital, we recommend a dental routine that pet owners can do at home to prevent dental problems.
- Your veterinarian may recommend dental chews, regular tooth brushing, tooth pastes and/or oral rinses to help maintain your pet’s good oral health. If a dental cleaning becomes necessary, your pet’s teeth are thoroughly scaled and polished using equipment not unlike what your dentist uses.
- Anesthesia is required for pets’ dental visits to keep them safe and comfortable during the procedure.
- Speak to your veterinarian about your pet’s dental health to maintain their overall health and vitality.
- Our veterinary team has extensive experience and training in a broad spectrum of routine and emergency surgeries.
- We strive to provide the safest anesthesia and at least one staff member is dedicated to monitoring your pet’s breathing and heart rate throughout the procedure.
- Pre-surgical blood analysis is recommended to alert the veterinarian to any pre-existing conditions that may be complicated by surgery or anesthesia.
- All surgical patients are closely monitored by a staff member until they have fully recovered.
We have an orthopedic specialist available to provide the following surgeries:
• Extracapsular Repair
• Patellar Luxation
Spay and Neuter
- In addition to preventing the arrival of unwanted offspring, spaying and neutering can improve your pet’s health and life expectancy.
- Spaying a female pet eliminates the possibility of uterine or ovarian cancer, and greatly reduces the risk of mammary cancer.
- Neutering a male reduces the risk of prostate disease and certain cancers. Many pet owners report positive changes in their pet’s behavior once they have been spayed or neutered.
- Eglinton Mavis Veterinary Hospital houses sophisticated imaging equipment to help veterinarians diagnose a variety of conditions.
- Radiographs (x-rays) are extremely helpful for diagnosing and monitoring many medical and surgical conditions.
- Our in-house digital x-ray equipment enables the medical staff to quickly assess the status of injuries and symptoms that may be affecting your pet.
- Our digital dental x-ray machine provides specific information about the health of your pet’s mouth and teeth that cannot be determined through visual examination alone.
Diagnostics and Laboratory
- Our in house blood work machines allow us to have results within minutes.
- This ensures less wait time and same day treatment plans for your beloved fur babies.
- Other in house lab work tests we offer are: urinalysis, heartworm and lyme disease testing, Giardia SNAP test, Parvo Virus Snap test, FELV/FIV Snap test.
- The safe and rapid return of your pet is the focus of this service. We appreciate the stress and anxiety of being separated from your pet, and accidental separations are possible even with the most diligent of pet owners.
- Pet microchipping is a safe and permanent identification method, and it can give you peace of mind knowing that you have taken every precaution to have your pet returned to you.
- This is a minimally invasive procedure that implants a very small microchip into your pet. The microchip is approximately the size of a grain of rice and is undetectable by your pet.
- This microchip can be read by animal shelters and veterinarian offices by using a hand-held scanning device, and it provides the name and contact details of the owner.
- Making sure our patients remain safe during surgery and other medical procedures is extremely important to us. Our team of veterinarians and veterinary technicians is skilled in using anesthesia and monitoring patients to ensure their safety and provide the most comfortable experience
- A proper diet is essential to your pet’s health and well-being. Eglinton Mavis Veterinary Hospital carries a variety of quality pet foods, prescription diet food and treats and can make a recommendation that is specific to your pet’s breed, age, and health. With the range of foods available and access to the latest scientific nutritional information, we can help provide just the right plan for your pet. If your pet has a specific nutritional requirement, our doctors can recommend an appropriate diet to support the therapy of various illnesses, such as kidney disease, gastrointestinal disorders, obesity, oral health, urinary tract disease and others. We believe that good physical fitness, including nutrition, leads to the best overall health.
- If your dog is more than seven years of age, or your cat is more than ten years of age, he or she is now in their geriatric years. (There is some variation between breeds of dogs.) We will be happy to discuss with you recommendations for geriatric health assessments and nutrition.
- Geriatric wellness profiles are important for maintaining your pet’s best health in their senior years. A geriatric profile includes complete comprehensive blood work and urinalysis.
- This is particularly important in senior pets as internal systems can be first to show signs of aging. Early identification is important for treating or managing some of these diseases.
Grooming and Bathing
- We offer grooming services exclusively to existing clients
- Is your dog or cat looking a little scruffy? We have a professional groomer ready to help make your pets look photo ready! We offer grooming services exclusively to existing clients
- We ask that you call a minimum of a week before their groom is due in order to ensure availability.
- We require all pets to be up to date with their Rabies vaccine.
- Our Veterinary Technicians are also available during regular business hours for nail trims, face trims, or baths if you are looking for simpler grooming services. (These services are NOT exclusive to preexisting clients -- however, an up to date rabies vaccine is still required)